New York themed party ideas
If you want a more traditional invitation, send a personalized New York themed invite. Here are some great options:
For your personalized invites, try using one of these themed phrases:
Celebrate in the big city
For Caroline's Sweet 16!
Bring your New York City style
To Rachel's 16th birthday party!
For Ashley's Sweet 16,
Let's go out on the town!
Feeling creative? Design your own invitation in the shape of an apple (remember New York is The Big Apple) or a skyscraper. Use bright red paper for the apple and shiny silver for the building. Write the party information on the back in black or silver pen.
New York Decorations and Party Supplies
There are so many decorating possibilities for a New York theme party. Central Park is one of New York’s most famous and beautiful landmarks. Few of us can have a lake, boat house or walking path in our front yard, but it can still be scenic and bright. Black city street lights placed along a front walk look elegant and romantic. And how magical will the entrance to your party look with small, white twinkle lights on bushes and trees?
Everyone will feel like they’re in Manhattan as they look around at the walls covered in with the New York Skyline. Scene setters make that happen with little cost and big impact! Here are some great options:
- We love the Still of the Night Kit. It’s got 6 skyscraper columns and a cutout of the Empire State building that all light up! Wow!
- Or make the party look like Times Square with a Times Square Theme Kit
New York is known for its night life, so play up the glitter and glitz of the big city with a silver and gold color scheme. Mix bunches of silver and gold balloons on either side of the door. Clear balloons filled with metallic shred or confetti create a really unique look. You can use these balloon bunches as centerpieces on your tables, too – they look fabulous and are cost effective. Here are some balloons and accessories that will help make great bouquets:
- Silver balloons, gold balloons and clear balloons
- Portable helium tanks
- Balloon weights - choose coordinating colors
- Curling ribbon - we like colors opposite of our balloon weights
As your guests enter the party room, be sure that the smooth sounds of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr. are playing. This classic music will set the tone for the evening. Include some of these other New York City themed songs as part of your playlist:
- "Theme from New York, New York" - Frank Sinatra
- "Autumn in New York" - Billie Holiday
- "Take the 'A' Train" - The Duke Ellington Orchestra
- "On Broadway" - George Bensen
- "New York State of Mind" - Billy Joel
- "Living for the City" - Stevie Wonder
- "Walk on the Wild Side" - Lou Reed
- "Manhattan" - Ella Fitzgerald
- "Give My Regards to Broadway" - James Cagney
- "Harlem Blues" - Nat King Cole
- "Harlem Shuffle" - Bob & Earl
New York Table Top and Menu